Your initial exam will last approximately one hour. We will review your medical and dental history and perform a comprehensive examination of your teeth and gums. In most cases, during this initial consultation, we will be able to provide a diagnosis of your periodontal condition and propose a treatment plan to improve your oral health.
Because we know your time is important, we try to stay on schedule and minimize waiting. Please Provide us with your insurance information before your initial visit so we can verify your benefits for you ahead of time. Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment to fill out forms. You can print the new patient forms on our website and fill them out at your convenience before the visit as well. A parent or guardian must accompany patients under 18 to this consultation appointment.
Please assist us at the time of your consultation visit by providing the following:
- Your referral slip (if you have been referred and have one),
- Any radiographs from your referring dentist (if given), including any panoramic and full mouth set of radiographs and or CT scans taken within the past year.
- health history, and registration form if you have chosen to download it from our website and fill it out earlier.
- list of medications you are currently taking
- Your dental insurance card, if you have any dental benefit plan
- A picture ID
- Any night guard and or removable restoration you might have